OST-Box : Open set-top box
OST-Box aims to be a full featured media center program.
It's goal is to give you access to all kind of media (TV, EPG, music and photos collections, videos, ...), using only a single remote.
Ostbox include a photo album browser, with slide-show, thumb view, zoom/rotation capability. It can use an external tool to view videos (mplayer is pre-configured by default)
The music browser let you play any file supported by xinelib.
It also has support for using existing playlist and also to create/save new ones.
OST-Box can be used to watch TV. You can decide to use its own internal viewer, or an external tool (mplayer, ...)
EPG can imported from xmltv file, and browsed with full program description. OST-Box alos includes a nice channel selector popup, which can also display current program name and advancement
When using the internal viewer, OSD are displayed over the video, with alpha blending.
OST-Box includes a record scheduler. It has two interfaces :
- The direct one where you enter manually the time of the programm, its duration, its channel, ... It is available from the "recorder" menu. This is also the place where you can view recorded show.
- The other way to program the recorder is from the TV program guide. In this case, you just have to select the program and click the "record" key. A new schedule will be created and the TV guide will show you that the program will be recorded.
The recorder is a separate process from the user interface. It is started when ost-box starts, but it will continue to run after you exit ost-box. So it is possible to record TV while ost-box is not running.
Finally, OST-Box cooperate with the recorder in a nice way : If you have only one tuner, it is possible to watch a channel while it is recorded. In case you have two (or more!) tuners, ost-box will directly choose the unused tuner when switching to other channel.
- OST-Box has a complete configuration menu. Almost everything can be configured within it, excepted TV configuration.
- Control from one or more lirc remote. OST-Box now includes a setup menu for this purpose.
- LIRC filtering. OST-Box can workaround bad signal reception with some remote
- OST-box has multiple language support. Currently, english, french, russian and spanish are available. It is really easy to add a new language. Have a look into src/interface/ostbox-i18n-*.xml if you want to help !
- Xml TV program browsing
Open Set Top Box is a free software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Audio & Multimedia category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2007-04-13. The program can be installed on Linux.
Open Set Top Box (version 0.3.7) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 9101 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.